This is an analysis of the poem To The Afflicted, Tossed With Tempests And Not Comforted that begins with:
Pensive, doubting, fearful heart,
Hear what Christ the Saviour says;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd eeeefefe gfgfhhhh bebXhfhf aaaaigig
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 1110101 10011101 1110001 1111101 1111001 1110011 1110101 1111001 1110111 1111111 1110111 1011101 1011101 1110001 1100111 1010101 1111101 1110101 1110101 1110111 1011111 1110101 1000101 1110101 1010101 1010111 101101000 1110101 0110101 1010111 1101101 1010101 1000111 1111101 1110111 1111001 1100101 1010101 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 244
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, thy, thou are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Afflicted, Tossed With Tempests And Not Comforted;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.