This is an analysis of the poem Dagon Before The Ark that begins with:
When first to make my heart his own,
The Lord revealed his mighty grace;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab aaaa cdcd efef ghgh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011101 01010101 11110101 11110101 01110101 11010101 11010101 01010101 01010101 11010101 11110101 10010101 11010101 11000100 1101101 11011101 11111101 11001111 1101001001 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dagon Before The Ark;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Newton
- Analysis of The Rich Man And Lazarus
- Analysis of That Rock Was Christ
- Analysis of The Pool Of Bethesda