This is an analysis of the poem Trust that begins with:
The same old baffling questions! O my friend,
I cannot answer them. In vain I send... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbbbcabbadddeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01110010111 1101000111 1100011101 01010101001 0101111101 1111010101 0101000111 1011110111 0101010101 10001000101 1011001101 100010001101 1111011111 1111011101 1001101000 1101100111 1001110100 110011100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 780
- Average number of words per stanza: 147
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Trust;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.