This is an analysis of the poem Adjustment that begins with:
The tree of Faith its bare, dry boughs must shed
That nearer heaven the living ones may climb;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXaXaacddcaa eaaefddfddddaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101011111 11010010111 0111101101 0101011101 1101000111 0101010100 1101110101 10001010001 101110100101 01111100101 1111010101 11010011111 1111110111 11010100101 1111110101 1111110101 01011100101 1101010100 1101011111 0101010111 11010100001 10011110001 1111010101 1111010101 11110010101 11001011101 0101010101 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 635
- Average number of words per stanza: 115
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Adjustment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.