This is an analysis of the poem The Proclamation that begins with:
SAINT PATRICK, slave to Milcho of the herds
Of Ballymena, wakened with these words:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXccaaddeebbfXffddffgghhiicchh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010001 01000100011 1011 1001010101 11010111010 01010001010 11001 01010001101 1101111101 1001010001 1101 00010010001 1101000101 1101010101 1111 1001111101 1111101111 01110010101 1101 0101111101 1111010011 10111101111 1101 1011001101 0111110101 0101110001 00101 1101010101 1111110101 0101100101 1111 11010111001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1181
- Average number of words per stanza: 223
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Proclamation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Greenleaf Whittier
- Analysis of The Ranger
- Analysis of The Peace Autumn
- Analysis of The Mantle Of St. John De Matha. A Legend Of