This is an analysis of the poem The Peace Autumn that begins with:
THANK God for rest, where none molest,
And none can make afraid;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdededXbfbbdbdghgheieijbjbklklmfmfbdbdbjbj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 48,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 111101 11111101 010111 11110111 010101 11010101 010111 01111101 1111010 11111111 1101010 11010100 010101 11010110 010101 11110001 110101 11000101 1101010 11010101 110101 11010111 010101 11110111 011011 11010111 110101 11110111 111101 11010101 110101 11010111 011101 11011101 111101 10110101 011101 01001101 110101 01010111 010100 11110101 011100 01011101 010010 110100101 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1526
- Average number of words per stanza: 281
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, our are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Peace Autumn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.