This is an analysis of the poem The Healer that begins with:
TO A YOUNG PHYSICIAN, WITH DORE'S PICTURE OF CHRIST
HEALING THE SICK.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX abab cccc dede fdfd ghgh ifif fafa ajXj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010100101001 1001 11010101 0101001 01010101 010101 11011100 110001 010110101 010101 11010101 010101 11110101 011000 0100111001 110101 01001101 010101 01011111 010111 010000111 111101 01001100 011111 010111001 110111 111001001 011101 010011100 110101 10010101 111100 01011000 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 115
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Healer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.