This is an analysis of the poem The Henchman that begins with:
My lady walks her morning round,
My lady's page her fleet greyhound,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXb ccaa ccdd eeff gghh cccc ddbb iiaa iicc jjkk hhll
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 11010111 11010111 11011110 010101010 110101010 111001011 11011101 01000100 01010100 01010101 11111111 11111101 100110011 11111101 11010101 11010111 11110011 01010111 110101001 01000101 11000101 110001110 110001010 01111101 01111001 10011110 11011100 110001111 01000111 10010101 11000111 11011111 1101101 01001101 010010101 01010101 11010111 01110111 01010101 11110111 01001101 11011101 11010001
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, her, she, i, with, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, the, i are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase her connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Henchman;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.