This is an analysis of the poem Holy Sonnet Viii: If Faithfull Soules that begins with:
If faithfull soules be alike glorifi'd
As Angels, then my fathers soul doth see, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXaXXXXXXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101001101 1101110111 1101001100 1100111110 10110011010 11010111010 01001101000 11110111001 11010010111 1110010001 110111000 100101011 1101011111 1111110011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 587
- Average number of words per stanza: 101
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; be, by, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Holy Sonnet Viii: If Faithfull Soules;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.