This is an analysis of the poem The Dong With The Luminous Nose that begins with:
Within a windowed niche of that high hall
I wake and feel the fell of dark, not day....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcbbd eXdeXfg aeebXXbf abecXbX gXaaXgegdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,8,7,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101010111 1111010111 11111111101 0101010001 0101101101 1101010101 11110001 010010111 11100101110 11010111 110100001 11110110101 10101001011 10010101 1000101001001 000111001 10010 1011010111 0101000111 1101010 1101010 10101010101 10010101 1101111101 10011110110 10010011101 100111 01011111 001010100 1111001101 1101010001 1011110100 101000111010111 1110111 1011000101 1011111101 0101010101 0101000101 1011111111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 315
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Dong With The Luminous Nose;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.