This is an analysis of the poem Pantoum that begins with:
Eyes shining without mystery,
Footprints eager for the past...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCD BBDE BFEG BFEG FHGB HEBI EJIGXJAGC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001100 1110101 101101011 11001 1110101 01000110 11001 1110001 01000110 01001110010 1110001 1110100100 01000110 01001110010 1110001 1110100100 01001110010 10101101 1110100100 111110101011 10101101 101100101010 111110101011 1111010 101100101010 110101011 1111010 111110 110101011 11001100 111110 101101011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pantoum;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.