This is an analysis of the poem The Occasion Of The Law Suit. Chapter I that begins with:
I need not tell you of the great quarrels that have happened in our
neighbourhood since the death of the late Lord Strutt; how the ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabbacdeb bX efdgdgdXh XbbhfiXbciXXi aebXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,2,9,13,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100110111001 1001010011110 1010100101101000101 010100100110100010 11111101101010 01010011101110100 00011101000010011 010101101010100100 1001 1101 10010000 111011111000010 01011001101010100 111101011001010110 1000100110000010001 101010100101111 100001010111101001 010101011001011 100010001010101101 0011111100011111 1100111000100011 01010101000110101001 1011110101001101 1010111110100011 110111110110 10001100110101110 1111100101011 11000110101011001 11101010101011100 11111110111101010 01110110011010 001010100100101010 1100010010001010 0110001010011010 1010011100100010 1 010 01
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 450
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, his, that, their, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Occasion Of The Law Suit. Chapter I;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.