This is an analysis of the poem Epitaph On Don Francisco that begins with:
Here lieth the Body of Colonel... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bX ca c dc deXf faX XXghe ghicd Xa X gg fh d ejgjbgecgcdi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,2,1,2,4,3,5,5,2,1,2,2,1,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101 11010010 1010 100100100 1010001010001 010010110100 00100100101 1101000010100 00100100 0101001 1010100 0010 1111100 01100010001 10100010101 10 011010101 11011010 010110010 01010001 01010000001110 001101010 11101010001 11101010100 1101010010 10100101101 111011001001 10100010 110101 111111 1101010 0110011 100 1001101001 0110001 11101 0011010 0010011010 0111010 0100101001 00010 1001001 01010 010010 010
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 87
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words who, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Epitaph On Don Francisco;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.