This is an analysis of the poem Courage that begins with:
CARELESSLY over the plain away,
Where by the boldest man no path...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb XXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 100100101 11010111 10111101 111001 101111 101011 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 7
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Courage;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Analysis of Next Year's Spring
- Analysis of Answers In A Game Of Questions
- Analysis of Ballad Of The Banished And Returning Count