This is an analysis of the poem Next Year's Spring that begins with:
THE bed of flowers
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a XX ba ca cd ef ed ac a a ef ed gb gb cc ca gg X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010 1010 01010 11001 01010 0101 110010 1011 01010 1101 110100 1001 11010 1111 01010 0111 11010 1101 11010 0101 01110 0101 11110 1111 11010 1101 01010 0101 110110 11011 01111 0111
- Amount of stanzas: 18
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 34
- Average number of words per stanza: 6
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 19 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, in are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase others connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Next Year's Spring;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Analysis of Answers In A Game Of Questions
- Analysis of Ballad Of The Banished And Returning Count
- Analysis of Anacreon's Grave