This is an analysis of the poem Ô Beaux Cheveux D'Argent Mignonnement Retors ! that begins with:
Ô beaux cheveux d'argent mignonnement retors !
Ô front crêpe et serein ! et vous, face dorée !...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabX XXba XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11010100010 111101111 110101110 11110100111 11111 11011111100 110011110 11111101111 110111110 11011110 1111111110010 1101011001 1001100101 1111011111110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; et is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines e is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ô Beaux Cheveux D'Argent Mignonnement Retors !;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.