This is an analysis of the poem Ô Que Celui Était Cautement Sage, that begins with:
Ô que celui était cautement sage,
Qui conseillait, pour ne laisser moisir...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXa aXXa XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11011001 11001111010 1100110010 0100110010 110100110 010010010 10111110010 011001101 1011101110 11011110 100100010 111011010 01110111110 1010011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ô Que Celui Était Cautement Sage,;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.