This is an analysis of the poem What Is Broken Is What God Blesses that begins with:
The lover's footprint in the sand
the ten-year-old kid's bare feet...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcddadebfdgcbXgdcghaghaccaXdbfdccdadibehddXXgcXcebigbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 55,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011001 0111111 00110101110 11101001101 1111 100111111 1011 11001011 101001 1010110110 1000011 10100110010 1010110 11001001011 0111001101 1101001001010 11 1010110 1010011110 10101 101010001 0100100100010 01001101010 011010101 0100101110 1010111010 1010001 001001000 0101100101 00110010 111010011 11110100 10011111 01110100 01101101101 1001 10100 1111010110101010010 1 101010010101111001 110100010010110010100 101 110011 1010001101010110 1111011 1110010 010110 01100 11111 010011 1010110 1010010 1000001 10111 0100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2001
- Average number of words per stanza: 319
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; against, we, thrives are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, we are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines roots is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of What Is Broken Is What God Blesses;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.