This is an analysis of the poem It Would Be Neat If With The New Year that begins with:
It would be neat if with the New Year...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabcddXd b eXXcXbefXXXddcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,8,1,15,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 010100011 1111100010011 1100100111011 11100011111001 1111010010111 11111 011100110 111111011110101001 11100011111011 101011 1100110000100100 1111101010 101111010111010 110011010010101 1111110101001001 110111111011111 1 10100111 111111110 11100011110 1110010011111 111111011 11011010101101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 236
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, my, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, where are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines year is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of It Would Be Neat If With The New Year;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.