This is an analysis of the poem Tre-Konger that begins with:
Jeg vandrer her saa ensomt ud ad min Hedevej,
mens Gryet kæmper mellem mørke Banker,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXA XXbXXXXA XXXXXXXA XXXXXbXA XaXaXXXA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100110111100 11110110 11001110111 1100010110 10111111101 1100010110001 110010110100 110101110 1101101110101 1100010100 11110111001 11011111010 11010011101 110110111100 111111110 110101110 110111011101 1111111 111111001111 1100110111 0101010111111 1101010110111 1111111 110101110 1100010110001 1111101 1000010101111 1101011101 1100010110011 111000110101 1101010110100 110101110 110111110001 110100111110 111111101 0110101010 1111101011011 111111110001 101101011100 110101110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 352
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, i, d, paa are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word og is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines d is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word konger at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tre-Konger;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.