This is an analysis of the poem Valgsang that begins with:
Store Dag, Alvorsdag,
da et Folk sin Harme køler,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XaaXXXXX XXaXXXXX XXXXaXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XbbXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100 111111 111111 1110111 11111110 1010111 110 111101 1010 1111110 1101110 1111 1111101 111111 111 101111 11111111 100110 111110 1011100 11101110 1010101 1010 1101101 10111 10101110 11100100 1110111 11111010 111111 1010 111110 1010 111011 1111101 1111001 11111010 10111 1010 10111 111101 101111 1010001 1010111 11111 1111111 011 111100 100100 111111 1111101 111111 1111100 1111100 100 11111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; nd, se are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word da is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ler, nder, nger are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Valgsang;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.