This is an analysis of the poem Kilden that begins with:
Jeg nynner, jeg synger ved Gry og ved Kvæld,
jeg kan ikke andet bestille;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XXXXX aXaX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011011111 1111010 111111011 1101111 1101111 11110111 11001110 11110101 11001111 1101111 111111111 1111011 1111011011 1101101 111101101 11011 111111101 01001111 1110111 11011011 11110110 010001 110101111 11010110 11101101 11110 110111111101 111101 1101101010 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 146
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg, og are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words jeg, og, min are repeated.
The author used the same word jeg at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word kilde at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kilden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jeppe Aakjaer
- Analysis of Kjesten Og Kræn Kresten
- Analysis of Kornmod
- Analysis of Landstingsmand Og Lægprædikant Søren Olesen