This is an analysis of the poem Kornmod that begins with:
Det er favnende Nat over øde Kjær;
Lysene slukkes i ensomme Ruder....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX aXXXX bXbXX aXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011001 101011010 1010111010 1010 1110 111011101011 1010110010 101101101 110 1110 10100101 101111011 10101111 1011 1110 10111011 1111110 11011101 1010 1110 100100101 111000101 1011101 101 10110 11011111 1111111 1011101 110 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; det, er are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word lyner at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kornmod;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.