This is an analysis of the poem Gammel Ka' Bakk' that begins with:
Er æ Plads mærked aa, sæt æ Arbed i Gaang,
fo nø' Mergel laa op po æ Brink!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXB XbXXXXXB XXXXXXXB XXXXXXXB XXXXXXXB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 011111011 11101111 11111111111 111011011 11111011011 10111111111 111111011101 111111011 00101101111 11011111 011111011111 011011001 11101101011 011111101011 111111011101 111111011 110111011 111111 11101001111 10110111 1101101101 11111111111 111111011101 111111011 011111011111 01111111 01111111111 11111111 110011101 11111110011 111111011101 111111011 1011101111111110 111111111 111011111 111111111 011111110110 011111111110 111111011101 111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 356
- Average number of words per stanza: 81
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, ka', de, og, mi', haar, l, er are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words l, de, og, a are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word go at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Gammel Ka' Bakk';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.