This is an analysis of the poem Gammel Kjærlighed that begins with:
Vi er bløwen nøj aaldre, Kræn Nargaard,
og wor Øwn ka' ett wal skimm' æ Dar',...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111110 110111111111 11011110011101111001 1110111 101110110 1111111 111111111 1111111 11111110 1111111 11011110111101111011 1101111011011 111111110 11111011 11111011011 11011011 1111111110 1101111 01111011111 110101111 1110110110 1101111111111 111101111001 11011110 11111110 1111111 11111111111 1110111 1111110110 110111111 11111101111 10101111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 332
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, wor, er, n, maa, war, m, en are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word og is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Gammel Kjærlighed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.