This is an analysis of the poem Settling In that begins with:
How I loved
each bare floor, each...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb cXa ade acc ccf cgh dhe hfg XXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 1111 1010111 10101 111110 00101111 1 011 10100010 01 11010 10010100 0110 10001 11100100 110 1111 111001101 011 011111 1010110110 01011 01001 01100010 100 100001 010001011101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 69
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Settling In;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.