This is an analysis of the poem Battle Of Will & Exhaustion, Mother & Child that begins with:
Two knights surrounded by dinosaurs
are cornered in the kitchen--all threat and bluster....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abCb dbab edfa gagf egeg ccae Xchg cegh CcgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101101 110001011110 1010111 1011101010 1101110101 1010101110 0111101010 1111101110 0101111010 011100101 0110111011 0111101110 1001001001 110110111 1001001011 1110111011 0101011101 001101101001 00101011001 101001001001 1101001111 0101011101 110010110010 11011001001 1010101011110 11010011111 10110010010 11111011110 1101001111 11010011011 10011001 10010010010 1010111 0101001111 100111001 110100101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; sleep, he, she, of are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word under at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Battle Of Will & Exhaustion, Mother & Child;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.