This is an analysis of the poem Red Cloth that begins with:
Red cloth I lie on the ground
otherwise nothing could hold...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaaXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 1011011 1111101 011011 101111 0010100 10010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 193
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 7
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Red Cloth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jean Valentine
- Analysis of To The Black Madonna Of Chartres
- Analysis of I Have Lived In Your Face
- Analysis of In Prison