This is an analysis of the poem To The Black Madonna Of Chartres that begins with:
Friend or no friend,
darkness or light,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcaXXcXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 1011 101100 10111 101101 10110 1111010 11110 11011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 214
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; or is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To The Black Madonna Of Chartres;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.