This is an analysis of the poem Seventh Street that begins with:
Money burns the pocket, pocket hurts,
Bootleggers in silken shirts,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAAA XXAAAA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010101 1100101 0110101 101010111 1010010010101010111110101100101111110110101101000111110100110101001010101100101100110110001100111110111011011111111110110001110010010001111101011010011110111110101111101010111010101011010100111011101101010101011111010101011110111101011110101111010111110 101010101 1100101 0110101 101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 483
- Average number of words per stanza: 77
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 162 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 26
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, of, blood, and, flowing, would, you, set, wood, who, it, black are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Seventh Street;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.