This is an analysis of the poem The Investiture that begins with:
WE will walk by the grating of the park,
When the Great Bear is growing dark,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbX ccdX deXeX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,5,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1011010001 10110101 11110101 01010011 0101100 11010010 10110010 1110101 00101100 1100101 11110101 010011101 01011101 00101100 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Investiture;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.