This is an analysis of the poem Rebuking Juliet that begins with:
TO guard you from disaster,
Love-flags and standards flowing,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb XcXc dede abab fgfg X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110010 1111010 111110010 011011010 1001010 011100 111111011 0110100 1001011 1111101 111101 10110111 10011110 011101 111111110 101101001 11111110 111111 111010 1110001 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rebuking Juliet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jean Moréas
- Analysis of The Ruffian
- Analysis of Voices Returning
- Analysis of Ah Who Should Make My Heart Despond?