This is an analysis of the poem The Husband-Confessor that begins with:
WHEN Francis (named the first) o'er Frenchmen reign'd,
In Italy young Arthur laurels gained,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccbbddaa aabbeeeebbffddddbbXXaa aaffddaaeegg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,22,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11010110101 0100110101 1111010101 0101011101 0111010101 1101010111 1111001111 1111010111 1101010101 1101110101 1111010001 0101001101 1001110101 1101011101 1100011101 1110010101 1101011101 0100111111 0100110111 0100010101 1101010011 1101111101 0101010111 1101011101 0101010111 1111010101 0101000101 1101010101 1101011111 0100010101 11110111100 1101011111 1101010101 1101001001 0100010111 0101111111 0101001111 1111011101 0101010101 10011111101 0101110101 0101010111 0100111101 0101111011 0101011101 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 679
- Average number of words per stanza: 121
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Husband-Confessor;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.