This is an analysis of the poem The Jealous Husband that begins with:
A CERTAIN husband who, from jealous fear,
With one eye slept while t'other watched his dear,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdd eeffgg gghh iijj gghhdd cckk kkeeff kkll
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,4,4,6,4,6,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0101010101 0111110101 01010100101 1101010001 1101010001 0101011101 1110110101 0101010111 01100010101 11010010001 110111010010 100111100010 101110001 1101111001 0101010111 1001010111 0101000111 1101110101 1101010111 1001011101 1101110101 0101010101 0101010001 0101010101 1100000101 011110111 1101110101 0111111111 1101010111 0101100111 0101110101 1101110001 1111110001 0101010101 1101010101 0101010001 01101101010 11010100010 1111010101 1111110101 1101010101 0101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 230
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Jealous Husband;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jean De La Fontaine
- Analysis of The Country Justice
- Analysis of The Contract
- Analysis of Epitaph Of La Fontaine Made By Himself