This is an analysis of the poem The Moon Moments that begins with:
The faint starlight rolls restlessly on the mat.
Those women talking outside have clouds passing across their eyes....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcX bcbX aXbX XXXX bXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01111100101 110101111100111 1110011010111 111101000100101 110001111 011111010100101 11110011001001 0011011100101 1101010 10010100111 0001001010111110 10010011101 01010101 0110110010011010 1010001101110101 110101100011011 110101110111 111101110111 010101001110011 1011101000110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 222
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 56 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word what is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Moon Moments;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.