This is an analysis of the poem A Rain Of Rites that begins with:
Sometims a rain comes
slowly across the sky, that turns...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabX XXbX XXaa aX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 100011 10010111 010111001001 010100010 01111110101 0111101 11101011011 0010100011 1101111 01011101001 10110010101 111110101010 1111111101 11111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 143
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Rain Of Rites;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.