This is an analysis of the poem Dhauli that begins with:
Afterwards when the wars of Kalinga were over,
the fallow fields of Dhauli...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXX XaXX bXbX XXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1001010100010 0111010 1011101001000111010 101 100001110 00100111001 10010011100 0100101 1000110001010 100110011 10100100111001011 0100100100 110101 0100111000 00101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dhauli;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.