This is an analysis of the poem Whenever The Clouds Of Pain And Sadness Loomed, that begins with:
Whenever the clouds of pain and sadness loomed,
Whenever tears came till the eyelashes,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaba cddccXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001011101 0101110110 010010111 1111111111 00110001 0110011010000101 11000101011 11100101011 1111011010 1001000110 11111011010 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 245
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; whenever, heart, this are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words whenever, this, some are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines life is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Whenever The Clouds Of Pain And Sadness Loomed,;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Javed Akhtar
- Analysis of Ham To Bachpan Main Bhi Akele The
- Analysis of The Moment Seems To Flow Like A Molten Sapphire
- Analysis of If You Have Eagerness In Your Heart