This is an analysis of the poem My Dearest Frank, I Wish You Joy that begins with:
My dearest Frank, I wish you joy
Of Mary's safety with a Boy,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddaaeeffbbXXbbgXaaddhhddddeeiijjggeeddeeddkkff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 52,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 01010001 11110101 01010101 11010101 11010101 01011100 11010011 01010111 01010101 110111010 111100010 11101101 0100010 110111001 10110001 01011110 011011010 10010101 11010101 11110101 11010010 01000101 0100101001 11010111 01010011 010111001 01010101 01110101 11010011 11000101 11010101 11010111 00110101 10100101 11010101 01011111 00110101 11011101 11010101 10010111 01010101 11011111 01000011 11011101 00110101 010101110 010111010 11110111 010101101 110101011 010011011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1760
- Average number of words per stanza: 312
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, our, us are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, as are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines us is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Dearest Frank, I Wish You Joy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.