This is an analysis of the poem Mock Panegyric On A Young Friend that begins with:
In measured verse I'll now rehearse
The charms of lovely Anna: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb Xcdc efef cecX caca ddad cgcg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 0101010 11010101 1101010 010011101 010101 01011101 1101001 01011111 110101 110010101 110111 01011101 110101 01011101 0110010 01010001 010001 11110111 010001 11110101 010101 11010111 011101 01011001 010101 11111101 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, how are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, another are repeated.
The author used the same word her at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mock Panegyric On A Young Friend;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.