This is an analysis of the poem Oh! Mr Best You'Re Very Bad that begins with:
Oh! Mr. Best, you're very bad
And all the world shall know it;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXded Xbfb Xghg bhXh eibi gjfj Xbbb djaj XbebXgbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 1101110 11100101 11010010 11010100 110101 11111101 010101 01110111 010101 11010110 110111 010010001 111101 11110101 110101 00110101 011101 11110100 111101 11010101 110101 01010101 010111 11111101 000101 11000100 100101 10110111 010101 01010011 010111 11110101 110111 10110111 010011 01010101 110101 11110011 110111 10110101 110111 11101001 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, your, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Oh! Mr Best You'Re Very Bad;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.