This is an analysis of the poem Writin' Back To The Home-Folks that begins with:
My dear old friends--It jes beats all,
The way you write a letter... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdXad efgfdXdh XdhXcdeX XXhXXXcX gXXXXiii gijiXbjb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 0111010 11011101 1101110 11011111 1111000 01010001 1110011 01110010 1111111 11110011 1111111 11111101 1001110 01010110 1101010 01101101 0111110 01110111 1101110 11011101 1101010 11010111 0101011 01110111 111010 01011110 1011011 11111100 11011100 11110101 1111011 11111111 1011100 11110111 1100100 10010111 1101000 11010101 0101110 11111111 1101010 01010101 1111010 11110111 1111010 11110111 1100110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 259
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, 'em, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, er are repeated.
The author used the same word it's at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Writin' Back To The Home-Folks;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.