This is an analysis of the poem Naughty Claude that begins with:
When Little Claude was naughty wunst
At dinner-time, an' said... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 110111 11111001 1101101 111101111 110111 11111101 0110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 258
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Naughty Claude;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.