This is an analysis of the poem Where The Children Used To Play that begins with:
The old farm-home is Mother's yet and mine,
And filled it is with plenty and to spare--,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdeeD FFDFFD eXebggXhhdXFFDFFD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,6,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111010111 1100010101 1111010101 1101011101 110101 0010101 0101010101 111111 1010101 00101010101 1011110 11101010 1101110101 1101110 10111010 00101010101 1101011101 011100111010 0101010101 0111110101 110101 1110110 11111101000 1110101 1010111 00101010101 1011110 11101010 1101110101 1101110 10111010 00101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 292
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word play at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Where The Children Used To Play;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.