This is an analysis of the poem Elizabeth that begins with:
_May 1, 1891_.
I.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X a BXccddeeXB X ffccggbXcb X bbhhddaabB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,10,1,10,1,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 1 01000100 01110100 110101001 110101101 11000111 01110111 110100101 01010101 101010111 01000100 1 01001101 01111011 11100001 00110001 11010101 10010101 111000101 0101010 01011101 11010100 1 11110100 10111101 11010011 010011100 0101011 10111101 11011101 11010101 01111111 01000100
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Elizabeth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.