This is an analysis of the poem Palinode that begins with:
Still thirteen years: 'tis autumn now
On field and hill, in heart and brain;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaX cbccX dbddX ebeXX fbffX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101101 11110111 01011101 01000101 1111000 111100101 11011101 11111111 01000101 1111000 01110101 11011111 11010101 110110001 1011000 11010111 11010101 11110101 111011001 1011000 01010111 110110101 11010101 101101101 1111000
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 177
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Palinode;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.