This is an analysis of the poem Windmills And Stone Stables that begins with:
Cows suffered in the days of old
For want of water and from cold,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb aaaa XXcc ddee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000101 11010101 10010111 10011011 11011101 11010111 10111001 11111101 11101110 10101110 01111101 01000101 10110111 11010101 11010101 110111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, let, them are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Windmills And Stone Stables;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.