This is an analysis of the poem Father Ranney, The Cheese Pioneer that begins with:
When Father Ranney left the States,
In Canada to try the fates,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbccdd EF ccccgghh EF bbcacciiXfe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,2,8,2,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 01000101 11010100 11100111 1101101 0110001 1110101 0111101 11101010 11111011 1111011 1110011 1100010 1101010 1010101 0001001 1111110 1100110 11101010 11111011 11101001 0101111 1111111 11011101 11111111 01001111 1101101 11110101 11111011 0101010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 157
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Father Ranney, The Cheese Pioneer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.