This is an analysis of the poem Lines Of Violets that begins with:
Once, while digging 'neath the snow,
'Mid Canadian winter, lo !...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbcddee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 10100101 011101 111100011 10110101 101110011 111111011 0100101 1111101 1011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 327
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines Of Violets;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.