This is an analysis of the poem An Autograph that begins with:
Lines written at the request of a young lady and inserted in a mental Album.
We looked over the book, it was in form of questions and auswers. One...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXaX ddcc bbee ffgg hhii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1101001001101010001010 11100101010101101 00101101100110101 01010010010110010100 101101000101110010 010001001010100010 0010111 01010001 111101 101001 1010101 1110111 1010101 1011101 1101110 10110010 111101 11111101 1111111 0011111 11010100 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 181
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, in, some are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word some is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of An Autograph;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.